This program is designed for those students who are looking to learn more about the origins, philosophy, and deeper yogic practices that time does not allow for in traditional group yoga classes. You will receive everything a yoga teacher learns in a robust yoga teacher training program, except for anatomy & physiology and how to teach yogasana (postures).
1. Book: The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali (Swami Satchidananda)
a. Learn the 8 Limb Path of Raja Yoga
b. The 4 Parts of the Mind
c. Obstacles on the Yogic path and how to remove them
2. Sanskrit and the power of Mantra
a. Why do we use Sanskrit?
b. Developing a daily meditation and japa mala practice
3. *Ayurveda (the sister science of Yoga)
a. Diet and daily practices to build ojas (immunity) and live in alignment with nature
b. The sub doshas: 5 Prana Vayus; Tejas and Ojas.
*Recommended Book: Ayurveda and Yoga by David Frawley
4. The Subtle Energetic Body
a. Chakras and the Koshas
5. Book: The Four Desires (Rod Stryker)
a. Learn the 4 Aims of Life according to Ayurveda
b. Uncover your personal Dharma, Sankalpa and Vikalpa.
Time Frame: 100 hours. 3 Hour Classes Virtually and/or In Studio, 2x month over a 12 month period. Reading and assignments between classes.
Investment: $1600.00 (can be broken down into monthly or individual class payments.)
3 Books: Can be purchased in hardcover or downloaded to an e-reader through Amazon.
Options for Beyond Asana Program beginning October 2020
1. Weekday Option: In Person and/or Virtual Tuesdays 11:30pm-2:30pm
2. Weekday Evening Option: In Person and/or Virtual Friday’s 6:00pm-9:00pm