New Years Day 2019
Flow and Let Go (with Yoga Nidra)
Prenatal & Postnatal Yoga Intensive
Date: January 26th 2019
Cost: $110 / Early bird special $90 before January 15th
Continuing Education for 200hr Yoga Teachers or equivalent
There are a growing amount of pregnant woman who are taking yoga and seeing the benefits on the whole body. Therefore there is a good chance you will have a pregnant woman enter your yoga class. I believe in Every Yoga Teacher’s toolbox they should have a basic understanding and knowledge on how to teach safely to pregnant woman. This is why I have created this Intensive.
In this Intensive we will cover:
- How to safely and effectively teach to a pregnant woman throughout her whole pregnancy, and postnatal
- Basic Physiology and Anatomy of the pregnant and postnatal woman
- Modifications, Variations, and contraindications referring to Asanas
- Rule of Thumb- Do’s and Dont’s
- Common pregnancy discomforts and yoga poses that may be beneficial
- A sample sequence utilizing the techniques
- We will touch base on specific cueing, hands on assist, Pranayama, meditation and relaxation techniques
- Q & A section to address any specific concerns you have
My desire and goal is to give you significant knowledge and understanding on how to safely teach a pregnant woman, and woman who have recently given birth. To feel confident and comfortable in your teaching, so you can provide a safe, nurturing and welcoming class for pregnant moms and Moms returning to their yoga practice.
Angela O’Sullivan is a 200hr RYT,
Certified Prenatal/Postnatal Yoga Instructor,
In training to become a Yoga Birth Method Educator and beginning her Doula Training in 2019
She has always had a passion for working with pregnant woman, encouraging them, and providing a safe and nurturing environment during these live changing empowering moments.